Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Friendly Forums

So I joined the CNC Zone forum. I did a search to see what other people thought about the Solsylva 25x25 CNC build I'm about to embark on, and found this build thread which details one person's experiences. The thread is many pages long, but it is mesmerizing. Over the span of about a year and a half, he builds his first machine, creates some pretty cool stuff with it, then begins using the machine to manufacture new parts to improve itself. I'm excited by reading the thread. This promises to be a real interesting learning experience. As I said before, I haven't got my hands dirty in electronics -- or anything of a mechanical nature -- for a long time.

The folks in the forum seem to be very friendly, and I may even be getting some help from Mr. Crane himself. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment